With the purpose of "Continuously bringing delight to our workplace, life, the planet and tomorrow," ASKUL aims to create the most efficient distribution platform that pays maximum attention to information security and personal information and gives peace of mind to its customers by responding to the evolution of society, and making extensive use of information and IT (information technology).
Throughout all areas of its business activities, ASKUL endeavors to ensure information security and protect personal information (including specified personal information), and aims to make continuous enhancements to such security and protection. ASKUL has appointed a Chief Security Officer (CSO) to take overall responsibility for this policy. Specifically, the duties to be carried out by the CSO are as follows:
- (1) To build information security management systems and management systems for the protection of personal information, and to make continuous enhancements to these systems.
- (2) To assess risks to which information assets are exposed and to implement appropriate security measures, and when necessary, to implement prevention or remedial measures for information security and for leaks or other incidents relating to personal information.
- (3) To acquire, use, and provide personal information appropriate to the nature and scale of the business conducted.
- (4) To formulate measures to ensure that acquired personal information is used only within the scope of the purposes of its use, and is not used outside that scope.
- (5) To deal promptly with requests, inquiries, and complaints with regard to the notification, disclosure, modification, addition, or deletion of the purposes for use of personal information, the suspension of its use, its erasure, or the suspension of its provision to third parties.
- (6) To observe faithfully all laws and regulations prescribed by national or local government and similar bodies in relation to information security and personal information, as well as guidelines and other norms laid down by the national government, and other requirements that ASKUL has accepted.
Instituted: December 13, 2004
Revised: February 2, 2021
YOSHIOKA Akira, Chief Executive Officer
UENO Hiroyuki, Chief Security Officer
Handling of personal information acquired through "Investor-related inquiries"
ASKUL Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "ASKUL") will only use personal information (name and e-mail address; hereinafter referred to as "personal information") among the information acquired in investor-related inquiries within the scope required for operations related to the inquiries.
Name of business operator
Person responsible for the management of personal information
Vice Executive Officer, Corporate Communication Division, Corporate Unit
Purpose of use of personal information
For responses to inquiries and contact related to investor relations
Provision of personal information to third parties
The acquired personal information will not be provided to third parties except in the following cases.
a) When sending e-mail or handling inquiries
b) When consent is obtained from the individual who provided the information in advance
c) When provision of information is requested by a public organization such as the police force, the public prosecutors office or the court
d) When requested pursuant to laws and regulations, etc.
e) When it is necessary for the protection of human life, body or property, and obtaining consent from the individual is difficult
ASKUL may entrust part of the handling of personal information limited to the scope required for the execution of entrusted services after concluding an agreement on information security including confidentiality clauses, etc. with ASKUL's service providers.
Input of necessary information
It may not be possible to reply to inquiries if you are unable to provide your name and e-mail address.
Contact concerning personal information
Please contact the IR Department, Corporate Communication Division, Corporate Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any inquiries concerning personal information acquired from customers.